Friday 11 May 2012

Induction Programme: Talk Sessions.

Okay I feel bad for this cuz I have got no pictures for this blog post... I didn't take any good pictures! And plus I'm not in the mood of taking photos, I have no good camera and my phone will take crappy pictures if I'm gonna do it like a 'thief' without getting everyone's attention... Okay so to be frank with you, I kinda feel this blog post will be boring so just a good advice for you if you're not interested in articles or posts without any visual enhancements then you may leave this post, xD

So the Induction Programme begun on 9th May, which was Wednesday and the weather was kinda all right... Umm, sorry my bad, this programme was held indoor... And guess what, I didn't expect The One Academy to organize the orientation-like programme in the cinema! The venue was at the TGV Cinema, without any expectations, we're going to have a 'class' inside the cinema hall! Or they call the hall as 'Auditorium Hall' if I'm not mistaken... Who cares for the freaking name lol... I received my offer letter weeks ago, and I had to show them my offer letter to prove I'm invited to this event, duh... So then we were given a temporary pass, and then we proceeded into Hall 4. Would've been better if the hall was a Beanie Plex hall, comfortable and I might as well as sleep on the cushions...

The first session was the, "No Idea No Talk" thing. It's about inventing some kind of ideas in your head and maybe you can evolve the idea in all kinds of way or something like that? Learned something about Idea Culture, I forgot how it's like but I know how it works, so that counts. They also showed us some video, which was done in Multimedia Design way. The video was really interesting, and they mentioned about the creativity of transforming a market into a virtual market... They also asked us to participate this 'napkin' contest and guess what... I got one of the prizes! Unexpected but I was surprised, tho I was never named when I was 'announced' via the screen... The next talk was hosted by the national famous interior designer, Eric Leong. You can ask Mr. Google (The way he refers...) if you don't know about him. He talked about mostly interior design, tho I'm not going to take Interior Design as my major or course, I was still impressed by his transformation from one dull room to a fascinating looking room! Hmm, somehow I'm like interested but nah, I still prefer to bring a still object to live. Eric Leong also introduced a lot of ways of making money when becoming an Interior Designer... Oh, I never knew he earns roughly about RM10,000 per hour for a talk... Imagine how rich he is, jealous... The last session for the first class was hosted by Va Nee, she talks about Student's Handbook. And I guess she plays the 'Discipline Teacher' role in the college. Most of the not-so-good-looking rules or regulations were presented by her, cannot absent for more than three times or I will be considered failed... It's alright I'm trained to be on time ever since I started working...

The second day, same venue and Stanley Chew told us what to do or what not to do inside the campus... Highlight of the day, "Do not show your talent in the toilet", 'If You Know What I Mean'. And we have to pay RM50 per day if didn't return the equipments on time. Whert... I'm like oh no, I think I'm going to cut down on borrowing their stuffs, I don't want to take the risks of getting banned from using the facilities LOL. Unless necessary? I'm a loser y'know >:) The last talk was presented by the Student Service Support Department, telling us what we get in The One Academy. RM50 for Locker deposit, IT'S FREE. And us The One Academy get 1 Year Free Membership for Sunway Lagoon! Only for the first year, I can imagine my life will be busier once I've started my second year... Not to mention the stress of assignments, from what I've heard The One Academy gives tons of assignments for us to do... I'm not SURE if I'm ready or not, maybe not, maybe yes. Roughly around there...

Finally! A photo! These two girls were my classmates and schoolmates during my Secondary School Years... And we're schoolmates again! Talk about fate! Lol, I feel so lucky to meet them again, tho all of them aren't in the same class with me... Marcus, Frost, Austin, Carmen and Alice, see you guys again by any chances! =P I'm planning to meet new friends anyway, they say you will always meet new people when going to work or to another place... 

Had dinner with them at the... Random place in the Asian Avenue, I forgot what's the restaurant's name. The foods were all right but the price is really unreasonable, not going to eat there again. Chicken chop rice became chicken cutlet rice... Wtf LOL. I'm not going into details about foods, I'm so hungry now! And it's 1:40PM in the midnight, I just had a long nap after coming back from Sunway Lagoon on the third day of the Induction Programme... Will be updating again once I've settled everything. So until next time, see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment