Sunday 13 May 2012

Induction Programme: Sunway Lagoon.

So we've come to the third day of the Induction Programme organized by The One Academy... And from what I've read from the Induction Programme Timetable, we were going to have some 'fun' at Sunway Lagoon... They said it's fun, I supposed. The title of the activity was "Splash Time", which I figured this could be some sort of water or splashing (Magikarp's dumb move...?) related activity over at the Sunway Lagoon? So a brief introduction for this Sunway Lagoon thingy here we have in Malaysia... It's basically an Amusement Park with all sort of rides, not really 'all sort' but yeah, there's also Water Park which is what Sunway Lagoon has been known~ One horrible fact for me is that, the more I grow up, the more boring the amusement park gets... I hope I won't get too old during my college years! Adults seem to be more devoted to their officials than their private life, maybe? Or is it just me, I'm not sure but once you've started working it's considered the end of the fun of your whole life already... So best get used to it before it's too late!

Blah blah blah, I surely am a crapper. ANYWAY, I had to wake up at 6:30am in order to catch up with my mom for a ride to Sunway Pyramid. I had to, or there aren't any transports left for me to go to Sunway. That's how my life works for the rest of my days, waking up in the morning and get exhausted. So I arrived to Sunway roughly around 7:40am or something... It's no surprise for me cuz the traffic in the LDP Toll is really terrible. Everyday jam, jam, jam... Skip that, anyway. So I arrived to the Sunway's most iconic place, the lion head, Sunway Pyramid, I straight find the entrance Ms. Jane mentioned. Since I've got like plenty of times, I went discover every corner of the Sunway Pyramid... technically. I discovered two entrances for Sunway Lagoon! I felt so proud lolololololol~ And guess what, it only takes half an hour to complete all the discoveries since the securities weren't friendly enough to let me go into the Sunway Pyramid itself, so I ended up buying myself a cup of Frappucino Dark Mocha to kill my time. Carmen and Alice came a little later then, so we chat and chat and chat... Until we're ready to go and wait for everyone.

So as soon as we gathered at the portal or something at the entrance of the Sunway Lagoon, we begun to find our groups and... Yes, I found my team members. At first the members were like so quiet and scary... And don't feel like talking I suppose? I was like, "I have to be the first one to talk right...?" in order to break the awkwardness, so we begun by introducing ourselves... Just a very very very brief introduction, announcing names. So the members were... Yeow, Nicholas, Vivi, Ju Wei, Lee Chin and Kit Cheng. After that then us leaders were called for some briefing for what to do and what not to do... But before that, the leaders were like telling their 'hardship' they were going through in between their members and themselves, saying that how scary and chilly their team was and all sort of awkwardness... And someone suggested (jokingly of course) to group us leaders as one team since we were so talkactive and outspoken, yeah I liked that. I thought that would be a good idea to, since... The leaders seem to have closer-relation than their own members (even I myself thought about that too but screw that xD) The staffs then distributed the stickers and wristbands, we sent them back to our team members and have to stick them ON the left hand side. And when I returned, a new member joined Group 9! And it was Adrian (I thought his name was Aaron anyway...) so I had to collect extra wristbands and stickers, then another new member joined again... Her Chinese name I wasn't sure but her Christian name is Emily. Simple and simple, let's just all have one English name so we can call each other better ;)

So what we had to do was ask the members to go inside to wait for their leaders, and the leaders will have to collect the clues... I don't know why are they making this secretive but if it was meant for making the hype for the other members then... I have nothing to say. I got the clues, and "Focus! Focus! Focus!", 1, 2, SET! RUN! as fast as you can to get to your team mates. Yeah, got it. I found two of them, Adrian and Yeow, and the others were... GONE! Even the two weren't sure of where they went. Oh, they went to... the locker place. Yes, we had to keep our bags and everything in the locker first so that we could complete our missions without worrying for our phones or wallets to get wet... Gah, rent 2 lockers, just to get everyone convenient. Let's go go go go, the first challenge was... The roller coaster. I have this phobia that I cannot ride on extreme rides, what a fail leader lol... But luckily the first challenge was alright, I definitely cannot challenge the snake and the swingers. The waiting was... horrible. I wanted to pee but the timing wasn't right OTL. But what else can I do? I can't just abandon my waiting place and go to toilet because that was when... it was almost our turn. I just hope that I won't pee in my pants, please ah don't ah... So I had the ride, and it was... SCARY for the first time. Especially flying down from the up, ah, my heart... I nearly faint... Just kidding. So we finished our ride, we have to complete our task given by our seniors. So what was the first task? To spell our names backward, alphabetically. Kit Cheng failed, so we have to go through all over again. It's no one's fault really, who knows the challenge would be this tricking? Hah, so we went for another round... This time! I had to go to toilet, and I rushed and rushed until I reach to the toilet... SWEET JESUS, now my burden is like over, I got back to my que again. HOORAY. The second time, I was crossing my fingers to get the first sticker for the First Challenge... and... WE DID IT. Hoot, we did it! Heh, then to the next challenge.

Credit to Dillion Eng for this photo.
The bull ride, the seniors asked us to sing a cartoon song OUT LOUD so that everyone can hear us. What song was it again... Ah yes, THE SMURF. Since it's the easiest song to sing? Just la with it. My throat nearly gone rusty after screaming for so long, the ride was like going for 2 rounds so we had to scream for 2 rounds. But to tell you the truth, it was a little awkward to repeat the same rhythm, same song for like million of times just for the 2 round rides and the ride wasn't even intensive... Oh well it's just for the game, who cares about humility! Well, I don't, for the least? Haha. The third challenge was riding water slide, and it wasn't as 'scary' as I thought. While the members are taking part for the ride, the remaining ones will have to sing and dance to entertain the senior... It's the task that they gave us, no choice. Next one was the snake one, I just realized it's a horrible ride so I skipped on playing it. I don't want to mention this part so... Ah I'm tired, so let's just skip all the challenges we've gone through here... Nah, just kidding. The next challenge was riding inside the spinning pot. We turned the pot as slow as we can, moderately, because too much of spin, you'll vomit (for the worst potential happenings) so... After like spinning, the seniors want the leader to name each of the members' name out. Yeah, it wasn't that bad, I have good conscious on my memory thing. It's all trained from blogging! ;) Based on the research articles I read, keeping a journal or diary or blogging will help improving your memories. One of the reasons of why am I so "actively" blogging lately... I just have to, improve my memory power ;) So moving on to the next challenge, we went to this swingers... There weren't many people volunteered to take on this ride but eventually, 6 members were ready for this ride and the remaining 3 will have to pose like a statue. Lalala, I guess I don't have anything to say. We took pictures throughout the whole game and I don't know when will they post it online or something but if I got those pictures imma put it in my blog and I promise ;)

That was, our final challenge. We were running out times, so the winner was... I forgot which group. But anyway congratulation to the winners, and fortunately they did not ask us to dance or sing in front of everyone because we didn't collect 8 challenges' stickers. But that's all for this Splash Time game, and we were free to do our own stuffs. I took this oppoturnity to swim and swim and swim... My swimming skills gone rusty. Since I have 1 Year Free Membership for Sunway Lagoon, I'll try to go Sunway as much as I could to build up my swimming skills again... *Yawn* I'm tired now, I think it's time for me to buzz off. Gotta start my first class tomorrow! So... See you guys! ;) Let's meet again, by chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment