Sunday 15 January 2012

First-Timer, Promoter.

Sorry about the last raging post regarding to the Ms. M conflict. Now the problems had settled, I'm signed to work at Subang for 6 days. Where was it? Carrefour Subang, I think I mentioned in the last blog post. Anyway, I expected my coward-self to be nervous or scared when working... I mean, it's my first time working as a promoter, first time working without any decisive experience... I was like 'Oh boy, I am so dead for working' but surprisingly, no. I was completely comfortable with this job when I first working there. Luckily Paul, the one who in-charge of recruiting promoters or staffs for various kind of event is a nice man. He provided me transport for two Fridays and explained what should I do and what to promote stuffs like that. After realizing that I am gonna promote Pears from Northwest U.S., I just knew I'll be very lonely. Why? Because I was assigned to the Fruit Department, and no other promoters existed in my working place. Damn, my prediction was right!


So first what I had to do was search for the Staff Entrance, asking people around and I finally found the way. It was located at B2 Basement Parking. I thought it was supposed to be a staff room or something, but turns out to be wrong... There was a Security Guard standing at the Security Account or booth or something like that. So I passed over the letter to her, she asked for my I.C. in exchange for the Promoter tag. Paul sent me the job-filling signature form and it turns out to be something important, I have to write the Time In and Out and ask the security to chop and sign. So I got my registration done and everything, headed into the store department. TIME-TO-WORK. But wait, where can I get the sampling  products? I've been wandering here and there to look for the Fruit Supplier, thanks to my trained social skills, I get to find out who's the Fruit Supplier within... Well, 10 minutes. But I had to wait for 30 minutes for that Fruit Supplier to appear. Instead of having the sampling ready, the Fruit Supplier just asked me to take from the actual selling place. So I did, with the worker's help, I found a 'nice' place to prepare for the samples and stuffs. Toothpicks, knife and gloves were all steadily supplied. It was kinda easy for me to proceed this job. I used approximately 30 minutes to get 3 different species of fruits ready in slices. My personal favourite should be Bosc Pear, since it's crispy and sweeter. But taste wise, Red Anjou has the honour. Anjou is just a no for me. Most of the buyers are either Chinese or foreigners. Indians and Malays rarely buy anything after tasting them. Maybe they have some other favourite fruits?


Working sure is hard, I finally realized how hard it is to earn money. I mean it's not that hard for me because all I had to do is to stand all day and promote what I am promoting. But what's making it hard is the time-flow. I mean can you endure the bore for hours without even complaining it? And my legs were going to crack after standing for so long, and the first day, first time, will always be the most exhausting day. When I finally got to break, I was like 'OH MY SWEET JESUS FINALLY'. But then I couldn't stand up after sitting for an hour long when having my meal... My lunch hour... Or perhaps dinner hour was 5:30pm to 6:30pm. I had Dunkin' Donut for the first day, and I will NEVER eat Dunkin' Donut again. I thought my stomach would allow me to swallow all 6 donuts in a time but... Ah well, I guess my appetite has been worsen after the age of 16.

The rest of the days, to be honest I feel sorry for myself for not taking care of my health properly... Because I had McDonald's for the rest of the break time. But oh well, luckily I only worked in weekends, I'm going to stop having McDonald's. My favourite thing in McDonald's is definitely the porridge... I'm just a big fan of tasty porridge. But due to my self-planned money limitations, I stopped having McDonald's Porridge and switch to eating their burgers. Cheese burgers, Beefburgers, Chicken burgers... Drool. And they don't cost so bad, just around RM3.10 per pack. I'm alright with the price with all my secondary and high school pocket money savings... Malaysia is always great with foods, this is what I love about Malaysia. Maybe other country has better McDonald's than us? Who knows. I didn't get to try McDonald's in China, and I was really disappointed. If I'm gonna travel to China again, I will definitely try you! Like Jayesslee said, if the world is gonna end tomorrow, I am going to have lots and lots and lots of McDonald's! Pure McDonald's fan, that is. Bbarabbabbaba! I'm loving it!

I'm a lazy boy, so I like having break. It's like something you can never miss when you're working! You couldn't deny how exhausted or tiring you are even if you're a very loyal and hardworking worker. Luckily McDonald's restaurant provide good Wi-Fi speed, or the whole hour will be meaningless to spend with. And I have this habit... I always listen to songs whenever I feel like it, actually I need to listen to song everyday to get myself 'cheerized'. Unless I'm not allowed to, I will definitely listen to song while working. But I don't want to leave a bad reputation for myself so I'll just pass for breaking rules lalala. Music make me wanna dance! Without music my life will be a bore, and music is my drug! Okay enough crapping. Thankfully there's a better mall existed beside Carrefour, Subang Parade. Better conditioned place to hang out with. I even took a nap in that mall, well, on the bench of course. Air-conditioned mall is always better, and it's colder in there so I'll really prefer having my break there. Actually other than having McDonald's in Subang Parade, I also challenged myself to walk to Empire Mall for the second week to see whether I can make it or not. Well not the sound of 'challenge', I'm lacking of vocab to impress xD


So what do you think bout my photography skill? Still have space to improve? Ah, this is actually captured by my Xperia x8 cell phone without any proper intentions, just simply. I guess this shot was ALRIGHT for me. Rate whatever you want, I just love this picture. With the natural plants as the 'frame', plus the traffic light, behind a mall, I name this photograph: The Modern Wonderland. I shall consider being as a photographer for my next part time job. 


Interest + Money = Ideal.


Actually Empire Shopping Gallery this mall is like another version of Pavilion in Kuala Lumpur, a costy mall to shop in. I'm not sure about your opinion but this mall is just expensive. But by the time when I visited this mall they had some sales and discount thing in every shop so I guess it was alright to shopping in this shopping mall. I was actually thrilled to see K-POP album promotion in Speedy, RM50 for 2 albums! Original, imported! Damn, but I had to buy EXO's albums along with f(x)'s Hot Summer. Tough choice. Save money, save money... I had my healthy breakfast for the second Friday in Empire Mall, porridge! I had this for breakfast on Friday and dinner for Saturday. I ordered Set A, RM4. I know, expensive. But it's worth, since it's good. Not that I'm rich but why don't treat yourself better if you can? Mmm, I love sipping porridge... Especially chicken flavoured! YUM!

Okay! Enough about foods, let's talk about communication wise. I'm not so good at speaking English but communication skills, I'm kinda good with it. Or at least you say it, social. Thanks to this job, I've met many kind of people in this world. Funny, stern, easygoing and even greedy. Customers are like... I don't know how to explain but it's just very various in among them. My favourite kind of customers is definitely friendly and foreign. So far I've met British, American, Japanese and... KOREAN! There was one Japanese man with pointy eyebrows, you can tell he's definitely not Chinese or Korean, but Japanese. He was really stern, but not hostile. Never get to talk to him since he just ignored me, not interested in those western pears perhaps? And I've met quite amount of Koreans, everyday there'll be either a group or a few Korean pass by.

You know I was going to speak Korean when they asked me what is this, but I don't want to look bad so I'll just use English. My last day as promoter, there was a group of beautiful Korean nuna asked me where to get the bacons. At first I was pretty blur and couldn't converse in English smoothly, because I was having a slight-fever but then I got my sense back and I guided them to the Non-Halal section, with one 'Annyong!' to them, they are so friendly. Korean people, great people. Wish I have more friends that are Korean, I just love Korean language! I think the Koreans rather ask me for direction than the native Carrefour workers maybe because they're more comfortable that I am also an Eastern Asian? I don't know, just glad they asked me. And I hope I helped them. I'm not racist, just I like Korean hehe. But people from anywhere, as long as they're nice I'm sure I'll be their good friends too.

Oh well, what I have to say is done here. I've been blogging less didn't I? Hopefully this blogpost can be very interesting for you to read with, I'm off to sleep! I'm gonna update more, night guys! Signing off with a retired promoter with tired legs... Lalala.

No comments:

Post a Comment