Thursday 26 January 2012

C.N.Y in Ipoh

Ipoh is like one of the 'important' cities in Malaysia, if I'm not mistaken. After Kuala Lumpur, Penang, I guess Ipoh will be the third. For your information, Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh and Penang have plenty of Chinese people. And one interesting thing is, in both Kuala Lumpur and Ipoh has a lot of Cantonese people. I myself is actually one Cantonese, my parents hometowns are greatly (or mainly) related to Ipoh... Averagely, it only takes about 2 hours by car to arrive to Ipoh. But due to the festive season (Chinese New Year season), the road was fully packed by cars, extended to 6 hours journey to reach to Ipoh.


It wasn't an easy journey to sit in a car for 6 hours! Thankfully there was this petrol station allowing the people to stay there for a break or something. And they provide free coffees, you can take all you want. I took two cups of coffee and it wasn't so refreshing but better than nothing. I'm a coffee snob! Usually the petrol station's convenient store will be like quiet or dull, but thanks to the major traffic jam on the road, the store looked lively for that day. Blah blah blah, sorry I lost my blogging spirits.

Okay so, after arriving to Ipoh, I stayed over at uncle's house; a better place to stay at than staying in grandma's house. I'm not like hating on my grandma, but uncle has better conditioned house thus I won't get flu easily while in grandma's house there're a lot of dusts and my nose is sensitive, get the picture of what I'm saying? It was really late already when arriving to Ipoh, and of course I went to bed after having the late-dinner. Until the second day...

I figured there will be at least some shopping hangouts in Ipoh. Still I hate life in Ipoh: too plain. I don't understand how the citizens there can survive with so little of entertainment. The shopping malls and stuffs are kinda boring, and it's not fun to walk in a non-foreign related shopping mall. Even the people there, dress fussily than people in KL. Perhaps in Ipoh there aren't any major good places for them to shop or hangout with like Sungei Wang, Timesquare or Pavilion in Kuala Lumpur, or Sunway, IOI Boulevard or MidValley in Selangor. Let's not talk about how do they people dress over there, let's talk bout something worse. See the picture I attached here in this paragraph, Korean Beauty Square? Don't get the name convinced, I suspect that this is just a fraud Korean beauty shop. Dude, if you're gonna open some Korean beauty shop, then don't simply write the hangul wrongly. Even a beginner for Korean language student like me can tell that's not Korean words or proper Korean words. You can argue about the upside down confusion, but if you're gonna open a Korean-based shop, you're gonna write the Korean words properly and not stylish it. Anyway, after hanging out in Parkson, which was the mall I was hanging out in, I went to my father side's grandma house. It's like some kind of tradition, before a new year begin, the whole family will have this Reunion Dinner together. So I had my Reunion Dinner there, and parents were enjoying themselves, talking to their brothers and sisters while I'm sitting there like a loner. Sob, all my cousins weren't there.

...Day 1! The first day of Chinese New Year! But is expected to be very boring. But anyway, I got my red packets on the first day, and the amount of money I got was... Not going to tell, but it's more than a satisfying number! One of the traditions in Chinese New Year, the elders or the relatives who are married will have to give out red packets to the children, youngers or non-married people. And of course I'm still not married (and I spent half of my life for being single until now), and I don't think I'm going to get married. Anyhow, the first day was pretty much a boring day. Spending time at home, going out to some boring places like Tesco... I was expecting more but turns out to be a boring day. Useless to wear those good-looking clothes, sigh~ Visited auntie after having dinner at Yaukee Restaurant, one of the best-known Chinese restaurant in Kampar. FYI, Kampar town is not at Ipoh, it's a stand-alone town apart from Ipoh. But truth to be told, Kampar is actually BETTER than Ipoh. Kampar is much modernized than Ipoh. And they even have the famous university branch there, UTAR University. It's no wonder that Kampar is better place to stay in than Ipoh. Young people, modern shops and modern places etc etc.

Basically CNY's Day 2 is less boring than Day 1, but I'll blog about Day 2 in another blog post. As for Day 3, it's nothing much cuz it was yesterday, 25th January and I went back home here in Puchong. More than excited when I'm going back to my home! Alright, I'm off now. See ya! Sorry for the bad blogpost tho, it's been awhile since I blogged. Mianhae!

No comments:

Post a Comment