Tuesday 26 June 2012

Majoring Talk!

Despite for having one assignment left, which is the Figure Drawing, I decided to push away and do it after blogging this thing. YES. It's been a while since I blogged, almost about a month! And I feel guilty for not updating it like more often. But to be very frank with you, it's not that I don't have time to blog... It's that I don't have the idea of what to blog about! I think this should blog should be my 'monthly blog'... I need to come out with a blog post, with some photos right? So that you guys won't feel bored... But it's still gonna be an entry with TONS of words, don't worry! >:)

So my dear college, The One Academy organized a seminar for the Semester 1 students. It's all about what major to take after this semester, maybe in three months time? It's kinda decisive for me to say I am sure that I'm going for Digital Animation pathway. I know DG students' life will be very hectic and tiring, after hearing the seniors' "scary advice"...  But I am still tempted tho! I want to animate something, I want to entertain the world with animation! Okay I've gone too far, let's just stick back to where we've gone through SHALL WE? For your information, this picture was taken this morning via Instagram application... Speaking about Instagram... I have successfully updated (well, alternatively) my Xperia x8 from 2.1 to Gingerbread! I don't wanna update my phone to Honey Comb or Ice-cream Sandwich yet because the main reason to update my phone is just to install those applications that require more than 2.1. And what's the best thing about updating my phone? Multi-touch! I thought Xperia x8's screen is not programmed for maybe dual-touch for the least but somehow the hacking technology impressed me! ...But IT never crossed my mind, go for arts!

FOLLOW ME IN INSTAGRAM! ^^


I woke up like 6:30am, and arrived to college in about 8:00am. Styled my hair, went to Sunway to have a chill. I thought Sunway Pyramid had their aircond switched on but NO. They didn't turn their Wi-Fi on also! But luckily for me, thanks to my mother, I can online unlimitedly wherever I go. Decided to "divorce" with my beloved DiGi Networks (NOT DG) and hook for UMOBILE 3G... Now I'm using post-paid, so let's hope I won't call too often. Maybe text-messaging, but I prefer whatsapp! Maybe I'm not gonna use Kakaotalk any more... The people there, seem to stop responding me after maybe like few days for not talking to them... Ah, forget about it. But after registering for this UMOBILE 3G Network, my phone's battery life seems to run a little too fast... In about 3 hours my phone battery 'dah habis'! Lesson learned, and I always have my phone charger in my bag. Just in case... I need an MP3 player now seriously, save my life a lot for the sake to get a longer battery life lasting phone!

Okay crap crap crap and I'm moving to the next point. Saw Wei Han on my way to the cinema... Coincidentally! Cool right? The seminar is actually in a cinema! The same hall for the Induction Programme for the newcomers, my batch... Trust me, that hall is awesome! At least more awesome than any other halls I've been... (DUH). This is a freaking cinema dude! The best "class" ever! ...Ahem. Okay so the registrations tarts at 9:30am, I arrived there for like an hour earlier... Obviously, there weren't a lot of students when I got there. Interestingly, most of the students were my classmates! For some reasons, my classmates are all "early birds"; we always have the habit for coming earlier than just being early. The earliest one should be me, I WILL always be the first student to be in the class... Should reward me the best student award eh? So the talk has 5 sessions, and I picked 3 sessions. First, imma listen to "How To Choose Your Major" from Mr. Halim who just got back from East Malaysia, as what he mentioned. So after that there will be 4 sessions for the following: Multimedia Design, Illustration, Digital Animation and Advertising and Graphic Design. Of course and obviously, I picked Illustration and Digital Animation... It's the only thing I can think as if before I entered to college. Wait, before entering college I was about to choose Multimedia but I realized, I want to do something more to film industry... You know what I mean.

After listening to Halim's talk, we went out for a walk from the hall and skipped Multimedia's talk... But it was still early, not all shops were opened back then. As you can see in the picture, none were there. There is actually, but camera tricked you. Aha, thanks to the Instagram's cropping, this photo's content looked empty. ...To be honest, I enjoy walking in an empty mall alone... Weird but sometimes I love being alone... Just for minor cases, other than those... PLEASE STAY WITH ME! We were so hungry, probably starving! Even after I had my "breakfast"! So we were looking for restaurants. Unfortunately for us, none has tickled our interests. Suddenly some random guy had this idea, lunch in Pizza Hut! I think this was my idea... Who cares, since everyone agreed. We headed to Pizza Hut. There were 10 of us, and 9 were only eating. Vincent wasn't up for it, so he just had mushroom soup. I myself is a big fan for western foods. And I love pizza, A LOT. I could have the whole pan of pizza if I want, and I still can have maybe 3 pans of them! I have huge appetite, but I walk a lot... That might explain why I still can maintain my body shape. BUT I AM STILL NOT SATISFIED WITH IT. I needa go to gym! *Too bad I've got no time*. After ordering we just realized we only had 30 minutes to eat! The foods were ready, and we ate on time. YES. We're still not too late for the Illustration talk!

Okay... I admit the Illustration Talk was interesting, although the speaker didn't sound interesting like how Eric Leong did when Induction Programme... Oh well! Mostly those illustration artworks ALWAYS impress me, deep to my heart. I am very very impressed by the artists. Mainly my lecturers, their artworks are no joke. I'm serious. Maybe TOA really can produce these sort of "talents". And the speaker's name is Leo Chong, maybe you can search up his name for his art work? Next up is the Digital Animation Talk... The talk I've waiting for! And the lecturer or maybe the speaker was Seamus Tan. I saw the details of the things he showed me, Modelling, Composition and Visual Effects... Holy, those are all the things I love! I am tell you the truth, I am very passionate for these. But being a Digital Animation students do not just animate right? I can see some of the things that Digital Animation students working on is almost the same as what Illustration students do... Correct me, if I got mistaken. Yes, after attending these two talks, I'm confirmed for Digital Animation. Hopefully my passionate for this subject will last forever!

PHEW! Just finish crapping. We skipped the Advertising and Graphic Design talk, went back to The One Academy to do some other stuffs. I wanted to charge my phone, battery running low again... That's the disadvantage for having a fully-function smartphone. Even iPhone's battery runs out easily! I think I needa buy 2 batteries to standby, just in case if any of these ran out of life, I can just replace it with another one. Smart idea huh? So imma conclude this post, and do my assignments now! Figure drawing rocks...

Here's a final picture for this blog post, PHOTOBOMB!


P.S. this blog post is heavily instagrammed.

No comments:

Post a Comment